An in-depth analysis and a detailed review of every chapters of Adrian’s Bejan last book , “The Physics of Life: The Evolution of Everything“, is provided by M. M. Awad in this article, published in the Energy journal:
“This book is an invitation to think and to have fun with ideas. Adrian Bejan concludes that the constructal law “is bound to evolve, to serve our thinking better”. My own conclusion is that readers of this book are able to see the world more clearly, and to predict its future better and with greater confidence.” – M. M. Awad
- M. M. Awad, “The Physics of Life: The Evolution of Everything, Adrian Bejan, St. Martin’s Press (2016), 272 pages, ISBN: 978-1250078827”, Book Review, Energy, Volume 114, 1 November 2016, pp. 568, doi: 10.1016/j.energy.2016.08.032
In this article, Brian Resnick quote Prof. Adrian Bejan in order to provide us with some good advices on building a successful pyre, and discusses the processes tooking place while sitting around the campfire.
In a study published in 2015 in one of the Nature Scientific Reports, Professor Adrian Bejan, effectively showed that the best fires share the same design pattern: they are roughly as tall as they are wide.
- Brian Resnick, Campfires, explained, Vox.com, July 20, 2016.
- Tom Spears, Not too small, not too tall: Engineer researches perfect campfire for grilling, Postmedia News, July 25, 2016
- Ken Kingery, The Shape of a Perfect Fire, Duke.edu, June 8, 2015.
- Adrian Bejan, Why humans build fires shaped the same way, Nature, Scientific Reports 5, Article number: 11270 (2015), doi:10.1038/srep11270.
Christine Forni is a Chicago-based, multidisciplinary artist, with a foot in Paris. She is preparing an exhibition inspired by Constructal designs, in Nature:
“A glimpse into Forni’s studio while she prepares for an exhibition exploring natures similiarities. […]. She’s intrigued by how all things in nature have commonality in their visual structures for flow systems. This can be seen in capillaries, coral, lightning, antlers, rivers and trees.”
- (un)Common Resemblance, http://www.christineforni.com/#!constructal-law/c1nx4
“In this lecture Prof Bejan draws attention to the theoretical work that places the phenomenon of evolution and life in physics, the biological and the geophysical realms together. He show that all evolutionary forms of flow organization are in accord with and can be predicted by the physics law that governs evolution in nature: the constructal law. He focuses on us. We are evolving as the “human & machine species.””
In this interview with Shawn Fitzmaurice, Prof. Adrian Bejan discusses his recent article published in the Nature Scientific Reports, putting Nature, evolution, and life altogether.
- Shawn Fitzmaurice, If Papa Was A Rolling Stone, He’d Obey The Laws Of Physics, WFDD, Jun 03, 2016
- Adrian Bejan, Rolling stones and turbulent eddies: why the bigger live longer and travel farther. Sci. Rep. 6, 21445; doi: 10.1038/srep21445 (2016).
- Adrian Bejan, The Physics of Life , chapter 10.
“A revolutionary law of physics explains it all—sports and technology, air currents and population growth, migration and social hierarchy.”
- Jeremy Berlin, What’s the Meaning of Life? Physics, National Geographic, 30 May 2016.